There are many details to take care of when getting ready to move. Planning for a move is much more of a daunting task than planning a trip. Packing, finding your new home, selling your old home, getting the kids enrolled in a new school, address changes - the list is endless. And of course, you've got to make all the arrangements for four-legged family members. Pets-on-the-Move will help you navigate through your move with your special family member!
Secure Pet Friendly Lodging
Whether you need to find pet friendly lodging along your travel route or temporary accommodations in your new home town, we've go you covered!
- Search Pet Friendly Hotels by Route
- Our Search Hotels by Route feature is perfect for those families driving to their new homes and need to know where they can stay with their pets along the way. This helpful feature allows you to map out pet friendly hotels and lodging within a 1,3, or 5 mile radius of your driving course. Complete lodging contact information is provided, such as hotel name and phone number, so you don't have to spend your time researching.
- Temporary Pet Friendly Accommodations in New City of Residence
- If your new house or apartment is not ready for move-in, you can find plenty of pet friendly accommodations in your new home town. Our site features extended-stay hotels, motels, bed & breakfasts, and vacation rentals.
Pet Moving Do's & Dont's and Tips
Moving to a new home can be just as stressful on the family pet as it is on you. In this critical time of change and uncertainty, it is important to keep your pet as comfortable and stress-free as possible. This will ultimately make the adjustment easier for you and your pet, as he will feel calm and secure during the transition to a new home.
- Tips for Moving with Your Pet
- Find do's & dont's to keep your pet happy and safe when moving. These include pre-move preparation as well as tips for moving day and arriving at your new home.
- Pet Travel Tips for the Car
When Your Move Involves Flying with Your Pet
It's necessary to not only familiarize yourself with the pet policy of the airline you are flying, but also to take note of some very important recommendations when your move involves flying with your pet. Flying can be quite stressful for pets, so we've offered up some ways to be prepared and tips to help ease the stress for both you and your pet.
Pet Relocation Services
If your move is international or cross-country, or if flying or driving with your pet just isn't an option, a pet relocation service may be a wise choice. These companies can step-in and handle all of the details for getting your pet safely to your new home. When you find a potential pet relocation company, they should be willing to answer all of the questions that you have about safely transporting your pet. You should be able to read testimonials from previous customers about their experience with the company, and in the end, feel safe and confident in their abilities to safely and effectively relocate your pet. This section provides all of the information you need, and important questions to ask, when securing a reputable company.
Pet Travel Essentials
Here you will find all of the important supplies necessary for your pet's move. You name it - pet travel crates and kennels, pet seat belts, vehicle pet barriers, and pet car seats! Whether you are moving across the state or across the country, you need to ensure that your pet is safe in the car while traveling.